How to make Chili Paste – Chili Recipe
Chili Paste is basically a Chinese food, but you can find it almost everywhere in the world. There are few types of chili paste available, and those types are based on its taste, Some of them are salty, some are very spicy, and there are two varieties as wet and dry. Chilli paste is very easy to make at home, and the ingredients to make chilli paste is easy to find at home. Let’s make chili paste.
Our chili paste recipe is for spicy chili paste and you can choose either wet or dry chili paste by changing the amount of soya souse and coconut oil you add. (Described in recipe)
- 100 grams of dry red chili Pieces
- 50 grams of dried small shrimps ( Kunisso)
- Small piece of cinnamon
- Pandan leaves (Rampe leaves)
- Chopped two onions
- Chopped ginger
- Chopped garlic
- Four tablespoons of sugar
- Ten tablespoons of coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of soya sauce
- Heat a pan and put 50g of dried small shrimps ( Kunisso) into it.
- Then fry it well for like 2-3 minutes (Do not heat your pan too much).
- Make sure the dried small shrimps ( Kunisso) are fried enough, Take it out and let it cool well.
- Then grind it (You can use a grinder for this but do not grind it to dust).
- Heat Coconut oil in a pan and put Chopped ginger and garlic in it and fry until both turn to light brown.
- Make sure the oil is heated enough, Now put Chopped two onions, Small piece of cinnamon and Pandan leaves (rampe) into the pan and fry until all of them turn to light brown or light golden colour.
- Once ingredients above fried enough add 50g of grinded small shrimps ( Kunisso) and it well for around one minute.
- Season it with salt as your taste.
- Add sugar to the mixture and mix it for 1-2 minutes until sugar malt with the chili paste mixture.
- If you want wet chilli paste, you can add few tablespoons of soya sauce or you can add few more coconut oil at the beginning.
- Take your Chili paste to a cleaned dry bottle. Make sure your bottle is properly closed and no air into it.
WOOHOO……. your Chilli paste is ready to taste!